Saturday 21 June 2014

Not much sleep

There isn't much sleep. Happening in my house. My 9 month old is on a sleep strike. He's finally sleeping now as I hold him in the sling.
I've  been knitting a test knit for By Annie Claire. Its a really cute, seamless dress or top. The pattern release is early July. I'll put up a link when it is available. I'm enjoying knitting it.
When I'm trying to get my son to sleep I'm working on my Striped Trap. It's about the length of my arm now. Finished length will be floor to shoulder.

Striped Trap
Sunny Lou dress
What I've been doing most in the evening when my husband is home is sewing. When I started this blog I hadn't sewn with my sewing machine in months. During the month of May I started following some bloggers who were doing the 'Me Made May' challenge, to set a goal of wearing handmade items through the month. I was really inspired!  When I get dressed in the morning I'm trying to wear my me-mades more. But seeing all the great clothes made me want to make more. And my local fabric store has had a sale on for the last 3 weeks. 
Fabric!! 

 I've also had my eye on some patterns.  I'll write another post about the patterns.  But here are the cute hats I made for my kids.  The red one on my daughter is free pattern from Oliver + S the Reversible bucket hat.  Hers has the same fabric inside and out.  The hat on my sun is a baseball cap style modified from the free bonnet pattern from Purl Bee.
 I'm hoping to be able to get some more photos taken of some of my other sewing projects then I'll have some pictures to post and photo tutorial on how to assemble the Sirdar Shrug for my daughter. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment