Friday 29 August 2014

OWOP14 - One Week One Pattern Challenge

Handmade Jane is hosting a One Week One Pattern Challenge - OWAP14 . The challenge is to wear garments made from one pattern for a week.  I've been thinking about this since I saw it posted but I wasn't sure what I could wear for this.
http://www.handmadejane.co.uk/2014/07/owop-2014-sign-up-now_8.html

 I make most patterns once or twice, which would be really hard for a weeks worth of wearing.  But as I got to the end of the summer I now find that I have made 4 Julia Cardigans.  So I will be participating in the One Week One Pattern Challenge with the Julia Cardigan by Welcome to the Mouse House.  I also have fabric to make 2 more, in a warmer weight fabric . .  which I might need because the mornings and evenings are getting quite cool.
Grey Long-Sleeved
Purple 3/4 length sleeve
Burgundy 3/4 sleeve - single layer collar

Pattern: Julia Cardigan by Welcome to the Mouse House.

Size: small

Fabric: lightweight jersey, purchased at my local Fabricland

Modification: sleeve width on the long-sleeve version is quite wide.  I narrowed the sleeve and the cuff by almost 2 inches.  I prefer a more fitted sleeve.

Likes:  I love this pattern, it is the perfect weight for summer/spring/fall.  It goes really well as a casual look with jeans or shorts and dressier look with dresses and skirts.  The instructions are really clear

Dislikes: other than the sleeve width it's a great pattern.  Personal preference: I prefer the double layer collar version compared to the single layer version.  The grey and the purple have the double layer collar and the burgundy has a single layer (because I didn't have enough fabric for a double layer)






No comments:

Post a Comment